AI in Geolocation: The conveniences that GPS has brought to our daily lives are undeniable. And look, where he came from is coming a lot, much more… Can you imagine? That’s right.
If you’re curious to know what’s next, read this article. Here we will talk about the incredible advances of Artificial Intelligence in Geolocation. And we can note that Geography is already embedded in practically all cell phones worldwide. Only those with very outdated technology are included. That is, the architecture of this intelligence is ready. Just collect and process the data.
Of course, more is needed to know the coordinates. It is necessary to understand spatial distribution. Or recognize valid correlations and comparison patterns to support decisions.
The World In The Palm Of Your Hand
This technology allows, for example, greater visibility of the cargo transport system, route optimization and fleet control. Another application is the creation of smarter visit itineraries for field teams. From the same point of view, it enables cost reduction and process automation.
And it is worth noting that Artificial Intelligence in Geolocation is not an isolated movement. On the contrary, it is part of a vast and profound Digital Transformation in organizations.
Does it come with the Internet of Things, Big Data, Cognitive Computing, Blockchain, Machine Learning, and so on? This all adds up to such an impact that it is called the 4th Industrial Revolution. So it’s not something you can get away from. Either way, it will come to you. Be ready!
How Artificial Intelligence Works In Geolocation
To exemplify: despite the controversy, we see the use of Geolocation data in the fight against the Coronavirus in various parts of the world. With them, it is possible to know the level of aggregation of people and, consequently, the potential for virus transmission. But, to properly use this resource in your company’s strategies, it is first important to know how it works.
What Is Artificial Intelligence?
It is about the ability of machines to collect, identify, classify, process, relate and transform data into information. This is what our brain does. Hence the term ‘Intelligence’.
However, machines do it with unimaginable speed and precision. Far above human capacity and, as a result, the term ‘Artificial’. It’s not natural, or it’s not human nature.
In this sense, mechanisms capable of capturing data in an immeasurable volume were created. In addition to efficient models to analyze them from high-performance computing.
6 Practical Applications Of Geolocation In Your Company
Let’s move forward now to the applications of Artificial Intelligence in Geolocation. I ask permission to use some unusual terms that make perfect sense in this context:
- Geotargeting – is the segmentation of your target audience based on location. Ads on Google and Social Networks already ask you to indicate the region you want to target.
- Geofencing allows you to send notifications in real-time, according to the location. Example: when you are driving and receive weather and traffic information in the vicinity. I might remind you to stop by the supermarket.
- Check-in – we already commented here in the article. It’s when you go to an event, post a photo and check-in. Who never? This is a Geomarketing application.
- Geotagging – in addition to Check-in, it allows adding coordinates to posted photos, complementing other information such as the date and file name. This also enables searches by location, with photos taken by people.
- Geofilters – the user is located and receives personalized filters. It’s very common at events, but you can use it when you get a visit from someone, for example.
- Location on Websites – when you visit a website, it asks for permission to know your location. So he can send personalized ads according to your location.
Geomarketing, the result of Artificial Intelligence in Geolocation, is a technological reality that will multiply your points of contact with the customer, creating new sales opportunities. Companies that approach customers at the most appropriate places and times gain a competitive edge in this increasingly digitized market.
Also Read: How Does Artificial Intelligence Work?