Do you know what cybercrime means? Digital transformation facilitates the connection between people and companies. However, at the same time, it has increased virtual attacks and the theft of important information.
Therefore, this development, in addition to bringing numerous practicalities, has also made businesses easy targets for internet criminals, thus increasing concerns for companies and individuals.
Recent research points to a sharp rise in this type of occurrence worldwide. Do you feel that your business is vulnerable to cyber-attacks? Then continue reading our day post and find out how to protect yourself. Be sure to check it out!
Cybercrime: The Irreparable Damage It Can Bring To Your Company’s Structure
Virtual attacks are illegal practices committed over the Internet. They happen through electronic devices such as smartphones and computers. This equipment is used as the main instrument of the attacks.
Usually, the main objective of these criminals is to steal confidential information and data, mainly from companies. Thus, they manage to blackmail managers into obtaining some financial profit.
Without a doubt, we can say that one of the main characteristics of cybercrime is the difficulty in tracking and locating offenders. This is because they act in a very subtle way, using technology to their advantage.
The main categories of virtual attacks are:
- Direct attacks on computers.
- Using other devices as a gateway for cyber crimes.
- Using computers as accessories to store stolen data.
In companies’ cases, the attacks can go far beyond financial damage. After all, the loss or theft of information can damage the business’s reputation in the market. This will affect consumer confidence and may lead to fines for non-compliance with legislation on security in the virtual environment.
And How Can You Prevent This Type Of Attack On The Internet?
With the increase in attacks and the evolution of this type of crime, searching for means of protection is extremely important. In this sense, simple actions include:
- Being careful when clicking on certain links.
- Not accessing suspicious sites.
- Not opening unknown files attached to the e-mail.
- Constantly changing passwords for other vital and efficient prevention measures.
However, there may need to be more, even more so if you own a business with extensive data and confidential information. In this case, substantial investment in digital security is required.
Therefore, to make employees aware, it is necessary to keep the systems updated. In addition, it must have an experienced IT team to monitor and protect all sensitive company information.
Information security is an indispensable aspect of any business. Because in addition to ensuring the company’s security, it will provide confidence to customers to carry out their transactions safely.
How Can I Protect My Business Against Cybercrime?
Regardless of the companies’ size or area of activity, the leading players in the market operate their central systems through devices highly dependent on connectivity.
Therefore, in recent decades, there has been a significant increase in the amount of sensitive information circulating through organizations. The corporate mobility trend has brought the proliferation of mobile devices and cloud services in companies, which drives investment in safer IT environments.
The elaboration of objective policies, which detail the procedures and guidelines for dealing with sensitive data, is paramount in any business. In this way, risk management can happen through well-defined controls, which still provide references for audits and corrective actions.
What Should Be The Assumptions Of The Information Security Policy?
Some basic principles ensure that each variable receives due attention in the preparation of the document. Each of them denotes a different posture within the company and requires specific actions to maintain its presence:
- Confidentiality: ensuring that certain information is accessible only to previously authorized persons. Breaking this secrecy can cause inestimable damage;
- Integrity: Preserve the originality and reliability of the data by keeping it untouched. It is necessary to take all the required precautions so that the information is not modified or deleted without authorization, taking into account its direct relationship with reality;
- Availability: ensuring employees have access to data whenever necessary. The business may depend on data available to close contracts, sell and serve customers. Entry must be fluid, safe, and efficient.